Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 6 of 12 days of kindness


Today we decided to love on the 2 people that live right next door to us, Mr George and Ms Louise. Both are older single people and Gentry loves them! we started by baking some chocolate chip cookies, then Gentry wanted to draw them some original artwork, shes no Picasso, but I am sure they will love it anyways ;)

she was so excited to go deliver it that she was pulling me out the door. sadly, neither one of them were home so we left the goodies on the doorstep and came back home to enjoy some cookies of our own ;)

What I learned today: 
I wish I was as eager as my 2 year old to love on my neighbors, friends, family, and even strangers. If only we all operated with that same love that children have to those they meet then I am confident this would would be a better place.... so today I will begin to strive to love like a child, pure, gracious, and fully. while also keeping the maturity of an adult ;)
 







Stay tuned for day 7

No comments:

Post a Comment