Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 4 of 12 days of kindness

today Phil and I had the pleasure of serving shoppers at cool springs mall with some FREE gift wrapping at our churches wrapping station... because I'm not much of a gift wrapper (lets be honest you would probably rather have your 2 year old wrap a gift then me) I got to be the greater/ gift distributor to help keep things rolling and people happy. Our church does this wrapping station every year as a way to love on shoppers during this hectic season of christmas hustle and bustle. It was such a joy to encounter shoppers of all types who were shocked to find out we were just there to bless them no strings attached! I had some great conversations and enjoyed serving along side some of our great friends! Sadly things were so busy I had no time for a break or pictures, but just visualize loads of gift wrap, smiling faces and boxes of all shapes and sizes and you pretty much got the drift.

What I learned today: this season provides so much stress and busyness to people, that I can't help but think we have all somewhat missed the point of Christmas. Christmas isn't about presents, its about a baby that changed our world, and while yes presents are nice, Giving is nicer, especially when you expect nothing in return... bless others freely!!!

STAY TUNED FOR DAY 5

No comments:

Post a Comment