Thursday, February 24, 2011

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Last week one of my best friends Carly who was 20 weeks pregnant found out she had lost the baby and then had to deliver it. I received a call from the hospital just before she was about to go into labor... and as soon as she said the words I just lost it... I cried and cried and cried. I feel like in times when their are no words the best this you can do is cry, so that is what I did... I sat their on the phone with my sweet friend crying... words can't even express how you feel in those moments and I knew she was about to go through something very difficult... labor is hard enough when you have a child to care for on the other end of it, but to go through labor and on the other end hold a sweet baby that never took a breath is far more difficult then I can even imagine.

shortly after our conversation I got an update that I want to share with you...

"Just wanted to give yall an update.  
I delivered a baby boy at 4:19am he was 2.9 oz and 6 in long this morning and it made it a lot more real.  We were doing ok but then at that point it hit us. This was a real precious life. We are doing great now and God has really comforted us in so many ways.  Thank you so much for your prayers and I wanted to share something pretty neat with you. After we saw the baby the nurses put together a little memory box and it inspired us to try to name this little one.  So we started looking at names and came across "Eli" which means "ascended". Before all this happened, we were gonna name it "Levi" if it was a boy but Andi never could say Levi and always called the baby in mommy's tummy "Eli".  When we came across the meaning we knew it was a special way that God was saying "I love you".  How faithful He is and we feel his presence in this rough time and really do thank you guys for your prayers."


 it is so sad to think that this sweet little boy didnt make it, but so great to know he is now wrapped in the arms of a most high God that loves him far more then anyone on earth could... and while I do so wish my friend could have had a life full of being Eli's mama, I am happy she at least got 20 weeks with him. so it is in these moments that I truly understand the phrase "parting is such sweet sorrow" because while you are sad to see him go- we are rejoicing in the fact that Eli is with his heavenly father, being loved abundantly more then we can ever imagine!

Please continue to keep Carly and her husband in your prayers! 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you sweet friend for carrying our burden with us. The Lord is faithful to the end. Gal 6:2.

    ReplyDelete