Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Love em up!




Feburary is upon us and I am using this time to be more intentional about LOVING the people who I come in contact with. you know the ones, your spouse, your kids, your friends, your family, the people who offer so much love to you and bless you daily.

Now I am not a fan of Valentines day, I have always thought it was a rather silly holiday. so instead of boycotting the holiday again this year we are taking a different approach. we are going to use it to love the people that love us soo much and bless us so much! we had such success with our 12 days of Kindness and I feel that Gentry really Got it and I have noticed how much I got it too ;) sometimes it takes seeing your kids experience things to move your heart in a way you cannot fathom. I still am learning things from our 12 days of Kindness and it didn't just last 12 days... it stuck with us! for this month I want to be intentional about expressing my love to others. I want to practice to make it a habit to love, not just during February, but in every moment. the best way to form a habit is to practice... so that's what I am doing this month. I am making it a point to practice how I love others, how I show love, how I speak words of love, and more importantly how I help remind people that they are loved. Not just by me, but by the one that created them.

My idea this month is to incorporate the conversation of love with Gentry and Greyleigh daily to help them understand, while also doing small gestures to appreciate and love them and others around us. some major things I want to focus on this month is God's Love for us, ways to show love, bible verses about love, and my hope is that if I start first by loving those in my house, then it will be so much easier to love others outside my house.  I can already tell the Lord is gonna teach me so much this month!

So here we go folks... this February is devoted to Love!
Loving my husband
Loving my children
Loving my parents
Loving my family
Loving my friends
Loving my neighbors
Loving my community
and using all of this Love to help people understand the Love of my Savior!

Love em up!!!

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7



No comments:

Post a Comment