Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Spiritual Joy

"Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God.” 



As I write this I am listening to the sweetest sound in the world, the Laughter of my child. yes she is supposed to be taking a nap, but instead she lays in her crib cracking up laughing at herself. I sure wish I knew what was so funny that it has to interrupt her nap :) either way I can't help but relish in this moment soaking in the amount of joy that comes from my child... recently we have been in a study at church about spiritual gifts and while the lord has laid areas on my heart that I have a passion for he has also been quick to allow me to see/ witness the spiritual gifts he has blessed Gentry with. One of these being an overwhelming amount of love and joy for others around her. this is not a "let me brag on my kid for a moment" post and yes I realize shes only 2, but the girl is FULL of joy, and the more I am around her the more I see the sweet spirit the Lord has blessed her with. In the past few weeks I have seen her freely give hugs, kisses, and toys to friends, family, and even strangers... while yes I am proud of her in these moments it is the excitement on her face that I love to see. she finds pure joy in loving on people. I know its cliche to say her life has been a blessing to me considering yes I am her mom, but I never knew the amount of blessing a tiny little 2 year old could bring to my life. she opens my eyes to the world around me, helps me to look at things differently  and has turned me into a more positive person just by her presence. I am being reminded of the greatness of this world simply by watching her live in it. 


thank you Lord for this sweet little life that you continue to mold into a joyful, loving little girl. I am eager to see how you will use Gentry's joy to spread your love to all the people she comes in contact with! thank you for reminding me of your love not only for me, but for others just by watching this little life live freely and fully for you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment